Re: [Fwd: dvd+rw-tools inconsistency??]

Daniel Baumann wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
steef wrote:
H.S. wrote:
steef wrote:

in one of two new tests *directly after*  my first message burning a
dvd of 4,4 Gb succeeded without a problem, the second -ceteris
paribus- went wrong.
so the behoviour of the kernel or dvd+rw-tools or something else ??
seems unpredictable.
maybe it is the media you are using.

->HS

since yesterday i tested the dvd-writer extensively on/with
debian_testing and slackware11.
the dvd-writer reacts increasingly unpredictable and has had its best
time.

not that this was reported to me (which should have been the right
thing[tm] :), it's likely the media or something other, but not
dvd+rw-tools. even version 7.0 has been very "predictable" in the last time.

sorry to answer this late!

it is *no* software fault: dvd+rw-tools works - after extensive tests - flawless. the hardware, dvd-reader/writer gave up - on a for me completely - unpredictable way.

thanks to you all for your help,

regards,

steef