Re: NFS Setup/Configuration

I have had an ongoing issue with the later versions of mount which was
claimed to have been fixed in bug 354075:

I have held mount at version 2.12r-6 as anything later refuses to work
with my NFS server, also running Sid.  The latest version I've tried is
2.12r-12 on 25 Oct and I even tried with the (then) latest kernel,
2.6.18 on the laptop (the server was at 2.6.18) and found no change.

I would like to hear from anyone who is experiencing the same problem.

As an aside, I am running Shorewall on the server and Firehol on the
laptop to configure Netfilter.  Still, disabling both firewalls has no
effect for me on the failure.

Surely, I can't be the only one in the Debian Universe with this
problem.  ;-)

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of