Re: vmware on debian etch

On Friday 17 November 2006 13:44, piter wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
> > er ... I am not sure if I should be asking this in this forum since
> > vmware is not open source.
> >
> > I wanted to play around with vmware server and installed it on my etch
> > system in /usr/local.
> >
> > I also intalled vmware-mui in /usr/local as well.
> >
> > When I browse to localhost:8333, I get an empty page, only the footer
> > text is being displayed.
> >
> > The installation seemed to have gone alright and the modules were also
> > built without any complaints. I am not sure where the problem could. I
> > installed vmware from its tgz sources.
> >
> > If somebody has been successful in installing vmware in Debian Etch, I
> > would love to know how you did it.
> >
> > thanks,
> > ->HS

Well, since nobody has really bothered to answer your question, I'll try.

What footer text is being displayed?  Are you accessing the URL as https, not
http?  If you go to https://locahost:8333/ you should be redirected to
https://locahost:8333/vmware/en/ Are you?  What browser are you using?
Konqueror didn't work for me.  Firefox worked great.

That's all I can offer for now...did anything I say help?

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111