Re: USB Generic Drive Storage

Rrodak <rodakr@hispeed.ch> a écrit :

> I see the flash storage on usb :
>
> Bus 003 Device 017: ID 10d6:ff61 Actions Semiconductor Co., Ltd
> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 002 Device 004: ID 09da:0006 A4 Tech Co., Ltd Optical Mouse WOP-35 /
> Trust 450L Optical Mouse
> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>
> But no devices in /dev/sd..
>
> I checked the kernel modules, all ok
>
> only think I see on dmesg is:
>
> usb 3-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 17
> usb 3-6: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
>
> no more messages...
> somebody an idea?

I had the same problem last week after compiling a customized kernel.
I forgot to select the "SCSI disk support" option. As far as i know
it's necessary to create a /dev/sd...

The "SCSI disk support" option is not enabled when you choose "USB
Mass Storage Support", but most USB storage devices need it.

You'll find "SCSI disk support" in "Devices Drivers" and then in "SCSI
device support".

Of course, if you did'nt compile your kernel, the lines above are out
of topic.
--
Bernard Adrian