Re: xmms-singit, japanese lyrics

Victor Munoz schreef:
> Hello. Does anyone know if it is possible to display japanese
> lyrics with xmms-singit? I try the following:
>
> kinput2 -canna -xim -kinput & export LANG=ja_JP; export
> LC_ALL=ja_JP;export XMODIFIES="@im=kinput2" xmms&
>
> [..]

I tried to install xmms-singit, but how do you actually start it?
This vital information seems to be missing from the README file. I
could not manage it so far. However, I do know that kinput2 is
obsolete, and should basically not be used for inputting Japanese.
Better to use uim/anthy or scim/anthy. What is your locale?
Perhaps you should consider changing to a UTF-8 locale
(http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu).

Regards, Jan