Greylisting with sendmail - anyone?

Greetings all,

I've been trying to set up an anti-spam measure called greylisting on my Debian 3.1 box with sendmail. "milter-gris" from snertsoft.com comes highly recommended but it claims there is a version mis-match between sendmail and makemap (I can't figure out from which package the latter even comes from) so milter-gris says it cannot read the hash in /etc/mail/access.db. That being said, there *is* a greylistd .deb package for exim, but nothing for sendmail.
	"relaydelay" has a nice page here:

http://www.thing.dyndns.org/debian/grey.htm

but the instructions seem pretty complex and I'm reluctant to introduce a tarball milter to the sendmail .deb packages for fear that the planet will blow up, etc. So: anyone out there using greylisting with sendmail? I'd be very grateful to hear from you!

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road