Re: Need to remove a ghost file, but can't because it doesn't exist

On 2006-11-16 @ 19:28:40 (week 46) Douglas Tutty wrote:

> I see from later posts that reiserfsck worked.  I used to have this
> problem.  I tracked it down to a problem within reiserfs where it stores
> small files within the directory structure itself (as a speed-up
> measure).  I got tired of it and switched to JFS.  JFS offered me the
> following benefits:

I've been reading up on ReiserFS and it seems more than a few people
have had problems with it. I choose it 2 years ago because of its good
performance when handling lots of small files. Right now I am thinking
of going the really conservative way and return to ext3 again.
Performance might be worse, but in my experience and from what I read in
the Internet it is rocksolid. I suppose that means fiddling around with
parted to make space for a new /home partition. Ah well...

Grx HdV