Re: script in /etc/rcS.d not running?

Could somebody please teach me why a script living in /etc/init.d
and installed as
    update-rc.d do-rescan-scsi-bus.sh start 23 S .
does not run at initialization time, while the same script installed as
   update-rc.d do-rescan-scsi-bus.sh defaults
does run okay?

I expected that installing my script in rcS.d would be enough, but it
just didn't run at initialization time. Then I discovered the utility
sysvconfig which told me that my script was disabled! Asking it to
enable it made links appear in each of rc*.d, and now it is being ran
at
initialization time okay.
hi,
i think script wasn't executed, because you choose wrong runlevel
i found that 'S' means " Single user mode (not to be switched to directly)"
( http://manpages.debian.net/cgi-bin/display_man.cgi?id=340cdcdd3b14264b2d744b357da3bf11&format=html )
in update-rc.d 'defaults'  is equal to '20 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6 .'
(as you see, nowhere S...)
if you choose to start at 2 3 4 5 runlevels should work fine

agarakt