Re: Etch: Kcontrol not working: it is empty

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
Hi all,
I've just setup a new machine wigth Etch weekly build of 9 Nov 2006.

When I start Kcontrol it starts but shows an empty selction panel on the
left; so it is unusable.

Anyone is experiencing this bheaviour?

BTW mi installation steps where:

    installed a base system + desktop (it comes with Gnome)
    from a console "apt-get install kde kdm"
    selected kdm as display manager
    select kde as default session

My other machine, using an Etch normally upgraded works correctly.

Any hint?

Regards
    Mirto

Sorry, no hint, but just to say I got the same problem.
Thierry

I just discover that most of the settings, maybe all of them are in the "lost and found" folder!! Actually, there are certainly more than 100 items in this menu. This is on a new install from yesterday.