Re: Debian etch RC1 installation question

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:32:02AM +0200, Debeselis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded RC1 yesterday and tried to do clean installation. I
> noticed that this install tries to install some packages of Selinux by
> default. My question is - is there any way to disable these packages
> installations, will selinux be enabled on my machine after istall is
> finished and how can I safely remove selinux support from my machine?
> Thanks.
Hi Debeselis,
nothing to worry about! It is not operating by default. There is only
support for it, if you want to use it. SELinux is mostly some bits added
to the Kernel and some additions to basic gnu tools and libraries, so
this does not add much in terms of bytes to your system. Also, SELinux
support has been included in sid for sometime, so you have it already
and didnt know it :-) If you want to use it, then you simply add a few
command line option to your kernel. This requires education about how it
works, so dont enable it until you have read a bit about it.
Cheers,
Kev