exim4: how to handle other addresses on my ISP?

Hi,

I'm having trouble configuring exim4.  My situation -- that is, what I
want exim4 to do -- *can't* be that unusual; so I'm sure I'm missing
something fairly obvious.  But I've played around with exim4's
configuration via "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config" a zillion times and
cannot get there.  I've Googled and skimmed the exim4 FAQ without much
success yet -- lots of stuff, but nothing that looks obviously like
the solution here.  Next up is digging into the exim4 specification in
detail. I really don't want to that if I don't have to -- I mean, if
that's what I have to do to solve this problem, I will; but I'm hoping
that I'm just missing something with "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config"
and this can be solved more easily than skipping sleep, since right now
I'm effectively working 15 hours a day and sleeptime is pretty much the
only free time I have anymore.

Here's my situation and what I want:

1.  I have a machine with no domain of its own, in the sense that I
haven't registered a domain or anything like that.  My ISP is
speakeasy.net.  Outgoing email goes to a smarthost.  Incoming email
is pulled in by fetchmail and handed off to exim4.

2.  Various users on this machine have email adresses registered with
the ISP of the form some_user_name@speakeasy.net.  When one of my
local users sends an outgoing email, exim4 appends "@speakeasy.net"
to the local username.

3.  Likewise, if you were to send email to one_of_my_users@speakeasy.net,
fetchmail on my machine should eventually grab it and pass it to exim4 here.
This apparently means that when I've configured exim4 using dpkg-
reconfigure, I need to tell exim4 that "speakeasy.net" should be added to
the list of domains for which this machine should consider itself the final
destination.  If I don't do that, then when exim4 receives from fetchmail
an email for one_of_my_users@speakeasy.net, exim4 immediately passes that
email back on to the ISP's smarthost (because we aren't a final destination
for "@speakeasy.net"), and around and around we go.

4.  But if I do that -- if I tell exim4 that "speakeasy.net" should be
added to the list of domains for which this machine should consider itself
the final destination, then that means I'm unable to send email to other
users of this ISP that have nothing to do with my machine (since they all
have addresses like some_nonlocal_user@speakeasy.net).  Right now, if I
send an email to some_nonlocal_user@speakeasy.net, exim4 notes that it's
been told that *I'm* the end destination for email to the domain
speakeasy.net, and cheerily reminds me that there's no one on this
machine by that username.

Is there a simple solution to this?  Or is it time for me to roll my
sleeves up and learn exim4 in more detail?  If someone can clarify what
I'm doing wrong through dpkg-reconfigure, or point me at some helpful
documentation, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for ,

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)