Re: Very slow touch pad on laptop

Owen Heisler wrote:
On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 10:28 -0700, edwardsa wrote:
Since I upgraded my laptop to testing, the touch pad on my Dell latitude 600 has a very low ratio between motion of my finger and motion of the mouse. I have tried fiddling with the mouse settings, but nothing has helped. FWIW, the XP side has displayed no such slow-down, so it's clearly a software issue. Any help would be appreciated.

When I installed Debian I had to edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf because my
touchpad was very slow; maybe it would be helpful to see mine, although
I don't know what driver your touchpad uses...

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Synaptics Touchpad"
	Driver		"synaptics"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"auto-dev"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"yes"
	Option		"LeftEdge"		"120"
	Option		"RightEdge"		"835"
	Option		"TopEdge"		"120"
	Option		"BottomEdge"		"650"
	Option		"FingerLow"		"14"
	Option		"FingerHigh"		"15"
	Option		"MaxTapMove"		"110"
	Option		"VertScrollDelta"	"20"
	Option		"HorizScrollDelta"	"0"
	Option		"MinSpeed"		"0.3"
	Option		"MaxSpeed"		"2.5"
	Option		"MaxTapTime"		"0"
	Option		"AccelFactor"		"0.025"
	Option		"SHMconfig"		"true"
EndSection

Owen:

Thanks very much. I applied your patch verbatim, only adding a MaxTapTime of 180 so that I can tap for a left mouse click. My laptop works well again.

Art Edwards

--
Arthur H. Edwards
Senior Research Physicist