Re: Ubuntu package in Debian repos

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 06:43:13AM -0500, Craigevil wrote:
> This is rather strange and disturbing a Ubuntu package in Debian. Since I do
> not choose to run *buntu but Debian Sid, I feel the maintainers should
> rename the package.  What's next the *buntu desktop package?
>
> Package update-manager
> * testing (gnome): GNOME application that manages software updates
> 0.42.2ubuntu22-5: all
> * unstable (gnome): GNOME application that manages apt updates
> 0.42.2ubuntu22-7: all
> 0.41.1.dfsg+CVS20051105-2: kfreebsd-i386

This has been brought up on the debian-devel mailing list.  I think the
issue with this particular package is that Ubuntu is considered the
upstream developer and so that is how they have versioned their package.
But I agree with you that the version number should be changed before
being included in Debian.

Regards,

-Roberto

--