Re: Debian Installer etch RC1 released

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 05:19:13AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

>   * The 2.6.17 kernel should support installing from most CD-ROM/DVD
>     drives in systems with a SATA controller. However, there are known
>     issues in 2.6.17 with some controllers that have been fixed in 2.6.18.

I understand that the line must be drawn somewhere.  However, I am
concerned about Etch shipping with a 2.6.17 kernel because of Xen.
AIUI, Xen has issues with 2.6.17 kernels (at least those available from
backports).  I run some Xen servers, each with a number of domUs and so
would like to see that Xen be treated as a "first-class citizen" in
Debian.

If I am wrong, I apologize.  I am going from discussion I recall seeing
on the pkg-xen list.

Regards,

-Roberto

--