Compiz - Screen blanks out after switching terminal console

Hi,

I'm using Compiz v0.2.2 and everything works fine - the window decorations et
al. However when i move to a different terminal console - say vt0...when i
return back to my X on vt7, sometimes i lose all window decorations and at
other times I get a blank screen. The keyboard locks out and I can't do
anything from that point of time but to reset my comp. I get the mouse cursor
though and Linux itself doesn't seem to have crashed.

I'm using Debian Testing with Compiz and Xorg pulled in from Unstable. My
hardware constitutes a P4 2.2 on a 512MB RAM and the Nvidia MX400 graphics
card. I'm using the Nvidia driver v9629, although I've been able to reproduce
the problem using earlier versions of the driver too (including the beta
release v9625)

I'd appreciate any help on this. I've been upgrading Compiz as it comes into
Testing thinking maybe it's a bug that'll be fixed, however I'm wondering if
it's a configuration issue local to my machine since I haven't found any
reference to something similar....in all truth,I've looked but dunno if i've
looked hard enough.

Thanks....truly appreciate all help.

Bye for now