Re: Mount digital camera

Samuel Bächler wrote:

> I am running a debian sarge using the 2.6.8-2-386 kernel.
> I have got a Sony DSC-W30. Its Device ID is 054cx0010.
>
> Here some information that may be useful:
>
> When I connect my camera to the computer using USB the
> system says:
>
> Nov 13 12:30:39 localhost kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed
> USB device using address 2
>
> Mounting does not work:
>
> mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/somewhere
> // mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/somewhere
> // mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
>
> mount -t usbfs /dev/sda /mnt/somewhere
> // does not work either
>
> # ls /proc/bus/usb
> 001  devices
>
> So there is a file called driver which should show up here but
> does not either.

My Kodak camera suddenly stopped supporting usb recently.  I'm using
Debian Sid.  Same symptoms you described above.  After some fiddling
around, I realized it was a permission problem - worked fine as root.
Solved by adding plugdev group to my user account.  I guess this
happened during installs of a recent gphoto update - same problem
on four machines.

Roby