Re: Wanted: decent GNOME player with MP4/AAC support

André Wendt escribe:
> I didn't want to be so ignorant as to not give amarok a try. It does
> what I want, but takes *forever* to load. Rhythmbox is up and running in
> 2 seconds, Amarok takes between 8 and 10 seconds. It also feels a lot
> more sluggish to use.
>
> The problem is not optics, therefore. I could live with something ugly
> as long as it does the job. But apart from amarok (which is a pain to
> use for me), there is no player with library support *and* AAC support,
> AFAICS.

Using xmms with RareWare's xmms-aac plug-in would work for
me. Starting xmms doesn't take a lot whether you're using KDE or
Gnome. And for me, having a well organized directory structure and
properly named audio files is far more useful than "library support".

Cordially, Ismael
--
Ismael Valladolid Torres     "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                  de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus