Re: cs4232 soundcard

On Sunday 12 November 2006 04:04, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> Hello.  I have an old IBM laptop (Thinkpad 770) and I'm trying to get
> the soundcard working on it.  I have run alsaconf, with the following
> result:
>
> FATAL: Error inserting snd-cs4232

I believe that there is NO ALSA support for this card. There is a recent OSS driver but we use ALSA.

SOLVED! This response inspired me to try using OSS instead of ALSA, which worked. I made sure I had alsa-oss installed, and then entered the command "modprobe cs4232", and this worked. Previously I had tried "modprobe snd-cs4232", which, like alsaconf, failed.

Thanks again.

Mark