Re: module not found: how to configure the loading of modules?

Have you tried running 'depmod' command to rescan modules directory.

No I haven't because I am not sure what it does.  I ran accross this
command but could not find much documentation about it.  Will this
have an effect on the other kernels (including ones I will still
compile)?

TIA

Bram

man depmod

'depmod creates a list of module dependencies, by reading each module under /lib/modules/version and determining what symbols it exports, and what symbols it needs. By default this list is written to modules.dep in the same directory. If filenames are given on the command line, only those modules are examined (which is rarely useful, unless all modules are listed).

If a version is provided, then that kernel version's module directory is used, rather than the current kernel version (as returned by "uname -r").'

I'm no expert but it seems to suggest it acts only on the running kernel unless you specify a different module directory.

HTH

Wackojacko