Installing KDE didn't pull in all dependencies - A bug?

I installed Debian Sarge from my CDs and then did a dist-upgrade to Etch.
I installed a very basic system with the required packages etc.

Then came the time to install KDE (The GUI Interface I was dying for ;-) )
But, apt-get install kde ..i thought would pull in all the dependencies
related to KDE i.e. all the xorg packages with all the relevant stuff that
will be required to run KDE.

But this did not happen. The xfonts-base package was found to be missing and I
was getting some relevant error, which was fixed once this package was
installed. (Actually, I installed xwindow-system-core)

So is it a bug that "apt-get install kde" didn't pull in this package by
default?

Regards,
Amit.
--
Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!