Re: Does Debian Support PERC & PERC 3 RAID?

On 10.11.06 05:35, Charles E. Boston wrote:
> Here's my dilemma. I own an old Dell PowerEdge 2300 that is is very good
> operating condition and it still takes care of my needs. I would like to
> install a Linux OS on it to dual boot with Windows Server 2003. The
> Windows OS is installed The drives are partitioned and waiting for the my
> Linux OS of choice.  I have tried several distros but none have recognized
> my RAID configuration (Dell PERC 2/SC). All have been unable to detect the
> hard drives.
>
> From what I have been told it seems that support for PERC 2 & PERC 3 RAID
> is not included in the 2.6 Linux kernel. So, I am on the hunt for a server
> distro that will work with my old hardware. Could that be the current
> Debian distro, and older Debian distro or are there others that I should
> consider? Thanks!

tried google? search for "dell perc" gave me this as one of results:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/perc.html

it says PERC 2/SC should be supported by megaraid or megaraid2 driver, did
you try it?

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...