Re: how to install debian to workstations that boot via network

On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 06:39:41PM -0500, Douglas Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 10:57:57PM -0800, Brad Brock wrote:
> > Hi, I want to install debian to several workstations. The problem is
> > the workstations do not have any CDROM drive or floppy drive but they
> > can boot from network. How to install debian to the workstation? The
> > workstation support PXE and RPL.

I don't know much about netboot, but if the machines can netboot, then
you only need one bootable image on the network to serve them all. I
think in that case (if they are all the same hardware) you don't need
to install but the one machine.