Re: IBM eServer x series 206 RH-to-Debian migration

Lee Whalen wrote:
My big question is, does Debian work with the Adaptec SATA HostRAID controller that this IBM eServer x206 box has on it?
I dunno, but ...
does that sound feasible, or am I doing far, far too much work?

Sounds good to me. You mention a LiveCD; if you can boot the box off a Debian-based LiveCD, that should give you an idea as to whether it'll see your HostRAID controller (I suspect "yes"; Adaptec's a big enough name that the issues have probably been worked out, but that's just a guess on my part).

--
Kent West
http://kentwest.blogspot.com <http://kentwest.blogspot.com/>