Re: when will nvidai-glx and nvidia-kernel-source hit etch?

Florian Kulzer wrote:
Now I am confused:
me too...

$ apt-file search nvidia_drv
nvidia-glx: usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
nvidia-glx: usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
nvidia-glx-legacy: usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
i get empty output from apt-file.

Maybe the .so file comes from an older version of nvidia-glx. What is
the result of "dpkg -S nvidia_drv"?
nvidia-glx: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.so

btw, dpkg -l nvidia-glx gives me
1.0.9625-2 NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver

The only thing I know for sure from when I switched from the nvidia
installer to the Debian packages is that the .so and the .o module do
not play nicely together (at least if the .so file comes from the
nvidia installer).
strange... there is really no .o file in xorg/modules/drivers/

regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net