Re: yahoo mail and firefox, conclusion

On 11/08/2006 04:00 PM, T wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:16:24 -0500, T wrote:
>
>> I access my yahoo mail web interface using firefox almost every day. But I
>> bumped into problem from time to time.
>
> Hi, thanks everyone for your feed back.
>
> No, I'm not using Yahoo beta version interface, just the standard one.

> Since none of you are having any problem, Nyizsnyik's message really
> reminds me what could be the problem. I've installed a lot of firefox
> extensions. I've now confirmed that it is those extensions that is causing
> the trouble, because when I launch firefox from an account that doesn't
> have those extensions, the problem disappeared.

Just to second Matthew Krauss's recommendation for fetchyahoo, it's been
terrific for me.  Far faster, more convenient, and flexible than yahoo's
web interface, fetchyahoo just grabs the mail from yahoo and puts it
into a local mail spool where I read email with thunderbird (or your
favorite MUA).

Give it a try.  (Sarge users will need to grab the .deb from unstable
and install with dpkg -i, but it works fine with no dependency issues.)

Regards,
Ralph