OpenCV libraries from Debian Stable

Hi

I've installed the OpenCV libraries from Debian Stable. As far as I can
see, it all went fine.

But when I'm trying to compile OpenCV programs I get the following
error:

" make
g++ `pkg-config opencv --cflags` -Wall -c eksempel1.cc
Package opencv was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `opencv.pc'
No package 'opencv' found
..."

I don't have `opencv.pc' on the system. It seems that `opencv.pc' is in
the 'libdevel/libcv-dev' package in testing or unstable.

But, is it possible to fix this problem without installing
testing/unstable packages?

Could I somehow edit the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable? How?

Or has someone a different solution?

Thanks in advance.

( I deleted my previous post as it was incomplete, sorry)