Re: undetected network card etch installer

Fabrizio Lippolis wrote:
I am trying to install etch on my machine via network install, I downloaded the netinst iso, rebooted but unfortunately it can't detect the network card. It's a Netgear with National Semiconductor chip. I am using this card with sarge without problems with the natsemi driver. This driver is also listed in the available drivers of the etch installation but if I select it nothing happens. Any suggestion?

Get another brand of card; an Intel Pro100 is good; 3COM also makes good cards. Linksys should be OK; search with "www.google.com/linux".

At least one of the Netgear cards is known to be troublesome in Linux, but I don't recall the model.
RLH