Re: what's up with all the attitude

* Zoran Kolic (zkolic@sbb.co.yu) wrote:
> > a very intimidating crowd over there.  Makes Debian look like the girl
> > scouts in some ways.
>
> Not, in my opinion. Try stable, security
> and mobility (if you have laptop).
> No-one on open/freebsd lists will learn
> "newbie" first steps. Lot of people are
> pros and have no time for pleasure. It is
> business for them (believe it or not).

No, easy to believe.  And, people didn't seem rude really, but there
was a sense of intolerance towards newbies and so I was not posting.
I am sure there are good reasons for this, but I wouldn't say I liked
it better, if you know what I mean.

> You may try freebsd-update for instance.
> Works for binary updates thanks to Colin
> Percival. Not a real woodoo, but makes you
> happy, if you like to be happy.

Sounds interesting.  I still have a partition on my main box with
FreeBSD and I will look into this and see how I like it.  I looked and
looked and never could find a good answer for that question.  Most
people just couldn't believe that I a) could ever have wanted kdelibs,
or b) wouldn't want to compile them from source.  Just a different
bunch with a different style and I am sure it takes some getting used
to.

Thanks for the info,

Patrick