Re: etc partially deleted

Carlos Ojea:

> I recently deleted part of my /etc by mistake.

Whoops!

> I wish to hear your advice about how to proceed to recover the system.

It depends on what exactly you are trying to achieve. Best thing would
probably be to restore from a recent backup. ;-)

Next best thing: try to restore from a different computer with a similar
setup. It sounds that is what you have done. Caveat: some programs
(especially hardware-related ones like udev, module configuration) may
not work anymore. But it's easiest to just try and find out.

Next next best thing: try to reinstall every package that has files in
/etc/. Good luck with that. I guess a reinstall takes less time and
since you have lost your config files anyway it won't make much of a
difference.

J.
--
Tony Blair is a hypnotised self-seeking scarecrow just like all the
rest.