Re: spanish characters

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 04:09, roberto wrote:
> hello
> when writing the "~" (tilde) character over the "n" like in spanish i
> do not succeed in any way up to now
>
> is there any one of you (maybe spanish or latino-american are reading)
> who already know?
>
> than you
>
> --
> roberto
> OS: GNU/Linux, Debian Sarge
> KDE 3.3
> kernel 2.6.8-2-686

My $0.02
Two approaches: enable the US-Intl keyboard character set, then you can press
ctrl+shift+~, release, then press n and ...  ñ.  Alternatively you can enable
the Spanish keyboard set.  Since I go back and forth between English and
Spanish, but mostly English, I prefer the US-Intl approach.  I have a US type
keyboard and the Spanish keyboard set remaps many keys to different
characters than those on the keys themselves, which makes it sometimes a pain
to find a character unless you are either use to it or buy a different
keyboard.