Re: what's up with all the attitude

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:10:34AM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> On Monday 06 November 2006 10:02, Greg Folkert wrote:
>

> > Couple of lists I am on, the matter of factly answers are all RTFM with
> > exact locations and nothing else.
>
> If that is the case, the developers need to rewrite the manual in a way which
> is understood by others. The content is probably OK but may need
> reorganization. Getting RTFM questions does not always mean that the reader
> is/was lazy to search for answers...

Many of the "first reply" messages by Tom Eastep on the shorewall-users
mailing list are a URL and little else.  After having seen this for
while I see that it is a good approach.  In fact, many of the "second
reply" messages from the users are something like "oh, I didn't see
that" or "I did not read closely enough."

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez