Re: xorg - nv driver

Hi all,
I have a supplement question to my problem described above. The problem occured after updating my debian etch using dselect. A new version of xorg was installed and conflicted with the nvidia-glx package. Before the update I used the nvidia driver without problems. As I had no success using the nv driver, may be I should try to use nvidia again. However, I do not understand this dependency problem:

$ dpkg --simulate -i nvidia-glx_1.0.8762-2_amd64.deb
Selecting previously deselected package nvidia-glx.
dpkg: regarding nvidia-glx_1.0.8762-2_amd64.deb containing nvidia-glx:
xserver-xorg-core conflicts with xserver-xorg-video
 nvidia-glx provides xserver-xorg-video and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing nvidia-glx_1.0.8762-2_amd64.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing nvidia-glx
nvidia-glx_1.0.8762-2_amd64.deb

The nvidia-glx package is from the unstable dist. It is currently not available for testing. Can someone explain me the conflict?

Regards,
Hans-Ulrich