SOLVED: linux-image-k7 & nvidia-glx

Andrew Sackville-West wrote the following on 05.11.2006 19:26:

Hello

First thanks for the fast and helpful replies.

>> Hello
>>
>> I have installed Debian and upgraded to unstable.
>> Then i installed nvidia-glx on linux-image-k7 but i get an error screen
>> when gdm starts that Xorg can´t be loaded.
>
> it might help if you provided the error messages

Sorry you are right i should have been more verbose about that.

> you might need nvidia-kernel-2.6.18-1-k7 but that's a guess.

That was the problem. I missed that package.

Thanks.

I wonder if would make sence to have that as a "Recommends:" in nvidia-glx?

Anyway it´s working and debian "feels good".  ;)

It is good to see the progress Debian did in the last years. The last
time i tried Debian was pre sarge in woody times.
Especial the installer (so called d-i?) really rocks.
If someone has contact to it´s programmer (Franz Pop?) tell him goooood
work man! ;)

bye Thilo