Re: linux-image-k7 & nvidia-glx

Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 19:17 schrieb Thilo Six:
> Hello
>
> I have installed Debian and upgraded to unstable.
> Then i installed nvidia-glx on linux-image-k7 but i get an error screen
> when gdm starts that Xorg can´t be loaded.
>
> With linux-image-486 no problems.
>
> Is this a bug and should it be reported?
>
> bye Thilo
> --
> i am on Ubuntu 2.6 KDE
> - some friend of mine
>
> gpg key: 0x4A411E09

Hi Thilo,

it should work. Please check:

1, Build the kernel-module (just use the souurces of the Debian-repository)

2. Install the module ans make shure it is loaded (add it in /etc/modules)

3, Install the package "nvidia-glx"

4.  Remove /etc/init.d/kdm, /etc/init.d/gdm and/or /etc/init.d/xdm

5. reboot, it makes sure, TLS ist set correctly

6. Check it, with the command: "startx" at the prompt.

Now you can see, why it does not worl.

Remeber: Users must be in group "video" and maybe "nvidia"

Good luck and best regards

Hans