Delete Win 2K partition on Debian dual boot to re-use space.

Hello to all,

I have a dual boot Debian Sarge/Win 2K box.

The 2K has been broken for some time but is no loss as I have another
machine for the few remaining tasks, some games for me and for the
convenience of other family members who are more comfortable with
Windows. I have long since removed the Win 2K from the boot menu.

I would now like to remove the 2K partition to regain the space for use
for MP3s.  Would I be able to have a second "home" so it will not be
wiped if I need to re-install at some time, say when I break my machine
upgrading to Etch later this year :)

I have looked at the partitions with live cds (Knoppix and similar)
and have burned the few things that mattered from 2K. I have also a
qtparted live cd to hand.

So to the questions,

1) How to remove?
2) What to name it to survive a re-install?
3) Is it possible to have a second home?
4) How could I have found the answer myself in the Debian archives to
   save asking here?
5) And Is there a tutorial on looking this kind of thing up in say
   Google Groups?

Thanks for any replies to any part of the questions.

Kind Regards,
Del.

--
D. M. Byram        || www d0t garmonsway d0t org/     /"\ ASCII Ribbon
Debian GNU/Linux   || www.debian.org/                 \ /  Campaign