Re: debian burn package

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 07:49:47PM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> What happens when a directory contains more content than will fit on a
> single cd when using this package?  I sent it at a directory with 1.4g in
> it on simulation and wasn't prompted to insert a second cd.  Might that be
> a defect in the simulation mode or must directory sizes be kept at or
> under 700M?
Hi Jude,
it depends upon the design of the package:
Is it meant for cd's only. Is it meant to make user-specified-size
files. Can it also be used for DVD's or larger media. Did the designer
want to tell the user if it is bigger than a cd of data? If you think it
is a bug and the user should be told this, just make a bug report --
maybe normal or wishlist depending upon what you think it should be.
The worst that can happen is that it will be marked wontfix and the best
is that it will warn users in the future and save them from making
'coasters'.
cheers,
Kev