Re: python-scipy weirdness

Þann 2006-10-31, 16:20:47 (+0900) skrifaði Lubos Vrbka:
> hi guys,
>
> when trying to install python-scipy and some other things on my
> up-to-date etch box, i encounter the following:
>
> python-scipy-core recommends python-scipy
> --\ The following actions will resolve this dependency:
>    -> Cancel the installation of python-scipy-core
>    -> Keep python-scipy at version 0.5.1-3 (testing, now)
>    -> Leave the dependency "python-scipy-core recommends python-scipy"
> unresolved.
>
> python-scipy conflicts with python-scipy-core
> --\ The following actions will resolve this dependency:
>    -> Remove python-scipy [0.5.1-3 (testing, now)]
>    -> Cancel the installation of python-scipy-core
>
> so who's right? either python-scipy-core shouldn't recommend
> python-scipy, or the conflict is set incorrectly.

Yes, that seems to be a problem when I look at the dependencies and
conflicts of python-scipy and python-scipy-core, but it allso says
that python-scipy provides python-scipy-core, do you really need
python-scipy-core? If not, try to install just python-scipy, see if
that gives you what you need and then file a bug report against
python-scipy-core about the issue.

HTH

Oli