Re: reading MS word files

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 04:40:55PM +0100, Zoran Kolic wrote:

> Who sends you doc files? Ask for
> ogg, mpeg2 or xxx files.

People who think operating a computer is using MS office. Period.

They get a glazed look when I ask for plain text even if the .doc files
they send are only straight text.  Since I've never used a windows
computer (started with OS/2 and went to Debian directly), I don't know
what extra work there is for them, but I understand that the windows
recipients have to do extra work if its not a .doc file.  The sender
tells me its more work to send .doc to everyone else and something else
to me.