Re: Networking down but seems ok... ?!

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:51:31PM +0100, Nicolas Pillot wrote:

> I come to ask a question about my networking experience with debian. I
> installed a basic debian system with the i386 network install of the
> 3.1r3 image. My hardware is an asustek a8n sli motherboard, with an
> nforce4 sli chipset.
>

> I noticed i could not ping any server on the net, nor any host on my
> network (even using its ip to skill the name resolving scheme). The
> only ip that's answering is its own ip (198.168.0.3). I tried setting
> up and down the interface, nothing new.

I just installed Etch amd64 on an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, also with nVidia
chipset and it uses the same driver as you are.

I had the same problem immediatly after install.  I traced it to my
network switch.  I powered down and unplugged both the computers on the
network and the switch, waited 5 minutes, and turned everything back on.

Everything worked fine from then on.  I don't understand.

Doug.