Re: Classic Gnubie accident

What's the result of  "df -h"?

I'm using 94% of the disk. I have deleted some stuff.

I tried

chmod -R 775 /home/anthony

and this allowed me to access files in my directory and some of my personal settings e.g. pal (calendar) I could start X but not fluxbox.  What should the permissions be for all the settings (invisible) files in my home directory?

I have set up another user so I don't have to keep booting between partitions to use the net, but this user is somewhat disabled too e.g. no audio

other strange symptoms are that in a terminal as root after having logged in as the new user I cannot use cp ??

thinking:/home/anthony/film# cp  /home/anthony/.bbkeysrc /home/thinker/
bash: cp: command not found

looks like I need a big clean up, probably re-install etch eventually, however I'd like to get my user (anthony) and my settings back in the meantime. so, what should the permissions be for all the settings (invisible) files in my home directory /anthony/home ?

On 10/30/06, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com > wrote:
On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:52:43AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> anthony wrote:
> >one other clue is that I cannot save text files logged in as anthony
> >(i get a no space left on device error) but I can as root in the same
> >directory
>
> Ah, then perhaps you're out of drive space on that partition. (*nix
> leaves a small buffer available for root to write to, which normal users
> can't use).

Or maybe you have a disk quota and it has run out.