Re: cupsys setup dumb question

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 10:56:08PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:

> I install cupsys and apache among many hundreds of other packages.
> I point my browser (firefox) at localhost:631 as the howto directs and ...
> I'm told "
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access the resource on this server."

> Before the crash, I remember getting a menu screen on which I could select
> to sign in, etc. But now I can't even get to that.
> What have I forgotten?

  You'll want to take a look at /etc/cups/cups.conf, and the access
 control sections in that file.

  From memory there is something like this there:

<Location />
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Location>

   That should allow you to connect from localhost.  You could
 try adding the local LAN in explicitly too:

Allow from 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0

  (Update to your own network.)

  Once you do that restart cups and try again.

Steve