Re: argh! linux and floppies

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 07:08:53PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> sudo fdformat -n /dev/.static/dev/fd0u1440

I have to wonder how you came up with that, vs reading the man page for
fdformat(8).  That tells you to use setfdprm(8) to set the parameters of the
generic device before trying to use it.

Further, why wouldn't you just use superformat(1)?  It usually does a MUCH
better job with marginal media than fdformat(8) does, and it'll invoke
mformat for you when it's done.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Auribus teneo lupum.  [I hold a wolf by the ears.]
 msw@cox.net |     [Boy, it *sounds* good.  But what does it *mean*?]