mutt and maildir question (after recent thread)

Hi folks,
I just took the plunge to try maildir. I use mutt and had to add a few
things to my .mutt/muttrc but it seems I'm missing some info. When I
used mbox, I could move a mail from mbox A to mbox B by using 's' in
mutt and then type in '=NEWMAILBOX' as the new location. This is not
quite working with maildir. I pressed 's' and then typed '=.new_mailbox'
and wanted it to add it to the new maildir. It asked if I wanted to
append the mail to that mailbox. I want the mail saved in
'=.new_mailbox/curr' as a unique maildir file. Whats the magic needed
for mutt and maildir?
thanks,
Kev