Re: postgresql database file names

On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 12:18:54PM -0500, Tony Heal wrote:
> OK, how do you determine the disk size of a database. I have a var partition
> that is at 90% capacity and growing, and there are some databases I can
> remove, but it would be easier if I knew which DB's were taking up what disk
> space.

Not sure how you can tell which database is bigger, but browsing them
might give you a good idea.  The you move a database is by using pg_dump
and then pg_restore on another system or into another db cluster.

Then you can use dropdb to get rid the databases you just moved.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez