Re: gcc version used to compile the kernel

On Sunday 29 October 2006 02:01, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

> > I believe the errors are due to incorrect gcc versions used to compile
> > the module and the kernel. I am using
>
> Hmm, you have to be root to insmod the drivers.

Shouldn't one use modprobe with current versions of Linux?
Of course, that would not change the fact that one has to be root.

I had problems recently when I upgraded to the 2.6.17 kernel.
I was unable to compile the fuse and nvidia modules, so I downgraded gcc and
g++ to 4.0 (from 4.1) and that did the trick.

8)