Re: Broken 'KDE su' ?

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 00:52:47 +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I cannot validate root password when using a 'KDE su' (meaning ie. cannot
>> start synaptic from the KDE menu under a non-root account)
>>
>> However the same root password is accepted via other way, ie. 'su root' typed
>> in a normal user console
>>
>> Something broken with my 'KDE su' as it was working previously ?
>> Keyboard setup mismatch ?
>> Hard to check 'KDE su' character map as characters are (logically) hidden.
>>

> Are you using Etch? If so, make sure that kdebase, kdebase-bin and
> kdelibs4c2a are up to date, i.e. from KDE 3.5.5 and not 3.5.4.
>
> If you cannot get Synaptic to work then you can use the command
>
> dpkg -l kdebase{,-bin} kdelibs4c2a

Same here;  kdesu prompts for the root password then bails when trying
to start synaptic, kpackage, file-manager_as_root, etc.  This started
several days ago after an 'apt-get update' and continues through an
update I did last night which appears to have updated all the kdelibs
installed on this machine.  I haven't found a solution yet. (Also,
entering user password has no effect)

$> uname -a
Linux rocinante 2.6.18 #1 PREEMPT Mon Oct 23 23:31:50 CDT 2006 i686
GNU/Linux

After last nights 'apt-get update' -> debian etch testing.  kdebase
4:3.5.4-2, kdebase-bin 4:3.5.4-2+b1, kdelibs4c2a 4:3.5.5a-1, kdeadmin
4:3.5.5-1, kde-core 5:4.7.

Michael