Re: What's your favourite FLOSS?

Marc Shapiro wrote:

(Appologies to Patrick, to whom I accidentally sent this, instead of to the list.)

* Tshepang Lekhonkhobe (tshepang@gmail.com) wrote:
Hi,
A year ago, I asked debian-user about favourite applications. The big
winners in that thread were GIMP, Firefox, K3b, gThumb, and
Thunderbird. I would like to start it again, and I would like those
who are get bored by this to please pardon me.

Here goes my new list (If you don't use certain things, please leave
the brackets blank like I did for audio editor, instead of leaving
them occupied with previous entries; this is to make the counting more
accurate):

* audio editor [ sox ]
* audio player [ xine ]
* cd-ripper [  ]
* Desktop Environment [ N/A ]
--  * Window Managers [ fvwm2 ]
* DBMS [ ]
* development [ Python ]
* disc burner [ ]
* e-mail client [ thunderbird ]
* file manager [  ]
* finance [ No money, that is why I use Linux ;-) ]
* ftp [ ]
* image editor [ ImageMagick, GIMP ]
* image viewer [  ]
* instant messenger [  ]
* mathematics [ ]
* misc utilities [  ]
* p2p [  ]
* package manager [ aptitude ]
* pdf-reader [ xpdf ]
* spreadsheet [ openoffice.org ]
* tag editor [  ]
* terminal emulator [ mrxvt ]
* text editor [ pico, nano ]
* 3D animation [ ]
* video player [ xine ]
* web browser [ Firefox, Opera ]
* word-processor [ openoffice.org ]
* (unreleased) [ ? ]
* (great honours) [ ]

--
Marc Shapiro

No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
What?! Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here.
Boom. Sooner or later ... boom!

- Susan Ivanova: B5 - Grail