Re: onboard audio problems with Connectland USB web cam Debian Etch

John Kerr Anderson wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have an AMD64 desktop PC running Debian Etch for amd64.  The on-board
uses the standard Intel ICH driver in alsa.  If I try booting the
computer with the Connectland USB web-cam... the built-in audio (a
microphone) interferes with the onboard audio.  The only solution I have
found is to leave the web-cam unplugged until it is fully booted.
The machine is running kernel version 2.6.16-2-amd64-k8.  Having the
webam's microphone work is not necessary.  If you have any suggestions
on how I could keep the webcam plugged in and not interfere with my
on board audio I would greatly appreciate it!

Sincerely,

John Anderson
----------------------- John Kerr Anderson
 johnan@fmail.co.uk
 Tel:    989 793 7720
 Mobile: 989 482 8115

John:

I'm no expert, but you may have to use something like 'alsaconf' and look into your /etc/modprobe.d/sound file. Try to run alsaconf when your camera is connected and see if it will set up the modules to load correctly regardless of whether your cam is connected or not.

On the other hand, you may also try your post on the debian amd list and also search this list for your related problem (eg. alsa, sound, etc).

HTH.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque