Re: The crippled resurrection of said etch.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 07:56:38PM -0400, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:

> I was about to give up when it wouldn't boot at all, not even in
> maintenance mode.  But somebody found me a workaround -- rerunning lilo
> from the other system.

I've always kept a grub-disk around for such times.  Once I get my new
computer up and running (my first with USB, and no floppy), I hope to
make a grub-usb stick (a grub version of the hd-media etch install).

> Also, there's the matter of pride.  I've said too much here about not
> having to reinstall Debian.  Whereas I've had to reinstall Windows
> several times, until the last time I couldn't install it any more.  It
> just categorically refused to accept the partition it had been installed
> in before.
>
> Ah yes.  Pride goeth before the crash.

Its also a matter of learning.  Anyone can learn to reinstall at the
first glitch.  When one is on slow dialup, one has an incentive...

Doug.