Re: xmms + CD

Stephen Cormier wrote:
On Wednesday 25 October 2006 17:56, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

I have 2 soundcards.

I can set the xmms preferences to either one + can play mp3 files
through either.

But playing a CD with xmms always comes out through card0.

I can use cdcd also: it also always puts out sound through card0.

Is there a CD playing program that can play through the second soundcard?

Sound is nice to listen to, a pain to install.

I'd say your card0 has the audio cable connected between it and the CD drive that is why the sound always comes out of it. For xmms their is a setting in Play Mode for Digital audio extraction which should allow you to use the second card for playback for other programs I have no clue.

I'd say you were dead right and I am an [...].